Source: Avelo Airlines
- Avelo Airlines Announces Multi-Year Strategic Relationship with PayPal
- Collaboration offers travelers more choice, convenience and security— including PayPal’s Pay in 4 interest-free payment feature
Avelo Airlines has announced a multi-year strategic relationship with PayPal that will provide Avelo Customers with more convenient, flexible, secure and affordable payment options.
As part of the collaboration, Avelo will be the first U.S. airline to feature PayPal Pay in 4* at the beginning of the shopping journey for travel purchases, providing more choice for travelers in how they pay and helping them to better manage their budget. When selecting Pay in 4 at checkout, eligible customers can break up purchases between $30 – $1,500 into four interest-free payments every two weeks, with the first payment due at time of purchase. 67% of global Pay Later with PayPal customers are repeat users, demonstrating its interest among consumers and the benefit it will have for Avelo**.
Avelo Airlines Chairman and CEO Andrew Levy said, “Every journey starts with booking a trip, and our first-of-its-kind collaboration with PayPal is going to make purchasing your next Avelo flight smoother and simpler than ever. PayPal’s Pay in 4 zero-interest flexible payment product makes it easier and more affordable to take advantage of our industry leading reliability and experience our Soul of Service on an Avelo flight.”
In addition to the use of Pay in 4, Avelo will now leverage PayPal’s extended suite of services to grow its business and offer travelers a superior experience including:
- PayPal Checkout: PayPal Checkout offers customers a secure and trusted way to pay for tickets and more. Customer can choose from whatever payment method is on file, including credit card, debit card, PayPal balance, pay later options, bank withdrawal and more.
- PayPal Braintree: Avelo will now use PayPal Braintree to process customer transactions, helping Avelo to improve authorization rates and giving customers a simple and seamless transaction experience. On average, merchants who leverage PayPal Braintree have seen an increase in authorization rates by 4 percentage points globally.
- Risk as a Service Tools: PayPal’s Fraud Protection Advanced solution will help Avelo ensure that legitimate transactions are approved quickly, and fraudulent transaction attempts are declined. In early 2024, Avelo will also integrate PayPal’s automated dispute resolution capabilities to recover chargeback costs more quickly and effectively.